Thursday, July 30, 2009

18 Week Ultrasound

Hello everyone! Yesterday was our 18 week anatomy scan. The only thing that we were truly able to find out is that we are having a baby GIRL! I am totally shocked because my gut said that this baby was a boy. Kyle had a hunch that it was a girl. Neither of us really had a preference on the baby's gender, but we did want to find out. And I'm so glad that we did. We have officially decided on the name Sydney Violet. Both names are very significant to us - Sydney being my late grandfather's name (Sidney) and Violet being Kyle's grandmother's name.

The next and most important step is to be sure that she is developing okay. The ultrasound tech had a difficult time viewing all of her anatomy especially her heart and spine because of the way she is positioned. This plus the extra fluffiness that mommy has on board and my history of hypertension warranted another in-depth ultrasound with a perinatologist. (NOTE: I am happy to report that my blood pressure has been stable at 110/60 with minor fluctuations.) We have an appointment next Wednesday early AM with the peri and we pray that they give us an "all clear" bill of health for our baby girl. I'm trying not to stress too much about it and I'm going to look at this as an opportunity to get to see our baby girl one more time. Please keep us in your prayers. I will update as soon after the peri appointment as possible.
In the meantime, here are some pics of yesterday's photoshoot.....

Here are her baby GIRL shots...

Baby's face and belly...
Baby's foot...
Hope everyone is doing well.

Love,
K&K & Syd

2 comments:

Joleen Stratton said...

She is cute already.

Cindy Redlich said...

I am positive that she will be a perfectly beautiful little girl! I love the name, and I am sure her great grandpa would be so excited to know she is his namesake!